These L3Harris AN/PVS-14 (M914A) are factory built at L3Harris. These units are built with L3 Unfilmed 2376min FOM white phosphor image intensifier tubes.
The AN/PVS-14 is one of the most economical and versatile night vision devices available. A PVS-14 can be helmet mounted, rifle mounted, or used as a handheld device. When helmet mounted, the user has the option of choosing which eye they prefer to use with device. This leaves the user with one unaided eye. An unaided eye is beneficial in environments where the user must read ambient lighting conditions. As a result, the user has an increased ability to gauge true lighting conditions. Because of this the PVS-14 is an excellent choice for urban duty use and those seeking the versatility that a monocular brings.
We are frequently asked, “is a PVS-14 worth getting or should I wait to get Binos?” Binocular night vision is amazing and has many benefits. However, PVS-14s have many uses and are a great cost effective way to see at night. PVS-14s are a very capable device and we think that they are a great way to get into night vision.
These PVS-14 units are factory built at Insight Warrior Systems and come with 2376 min FOM L3 filmless white phosphor milspec image intensifier tubes. These tubes are L3’s most advanced image intensifier tubes and are selected by L3 for their finished goods. These are the same tubes that come standard in PVS-31a’s.
2376 minimum FOM Unfilmed White Phosphor:
- FOM: 2,376 minimum
- Milspec Spot Spec: can have max 4 spots per tube larger than .003″, no spots in zone 1 larger than .003″. Spots </= .003″ are acceptable per L3 & military specification.
- This option is how they ship from the factory.
2376 minimum FOM Hand Select unfilmed White Phosphor:
- FOM: 2,376 minimum FOM
- Aviation Spot Spec: Max 2 spots per tube larger than .003″, no spots larger than .003″ in zone 1 or 2. Spots </= .003″ are acceptable per L3 & military specification.
- This option is for our customers that want a stricter spec than typically offered from the factory. This option is hand selected not only for FOM, but also a stricter spot spec. Even though PVS-14’s in general have incredible tubes, spots are still a reality in all night vision. If you are a customer that wants to insure a stricter spot spec and spots are a big deal to you this is a great option.
- Includes a Improved Counterweight Kit, put your color option on the order notes (MC, Black MC, or Coyote)
- Soft Bag
- USGI J-arm
- Sacrificial Lens
- Demist Shield
- Owners Manual